Sunday, September 7, 2014

Porchetta, Yes Please from the Italy Blog

Lets me beginning by doing an admission. A few days ago I became addicted and I always want only one thing...always the same thing.  My friends , my name is Laura and I am addicted to the piadina. I had tasted it when I was child and my grandmother took me two weeks in Romagna . Then you grow up, you want to see the world, visiting, eating, traveling .... and the taste of  Piadina romagnola was hidden in a corner of my mind. Then this year we have come back  in Romagna. Warning - as one  chef has told me -  the cuisine of Emilia Romagna  is different from the cusine in Romagna ( even if it is the same region): each of them has the specialties. One of the most traditional food is piadina. You can fill it with whatever you want  even if the porchetta is highly recommended. (read the following post ).
Porchetta? Yes please
Do you want a lighter taste? I got it! Take one piadina- soft and satisfying when you bite it. Add undoubtedly the squaqquerone, a soft white cheese with a delicate taste.  Then  some rucola  (reccomended) and Parma ham, 24 months aged (if you use culatello will not be a drama .... it's still a treat). Now? I sit and quietly, very quietly, I taste my super piadina. A food so simple but that needs  highest quality ingredients. I  am addicted to piadina ... a danger for my diet but a pleasure to my palate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking in..please make it short and sweet.